We Provide Outreach and Shelter Services for
Child Physical/Sexual Abuse
Adults molested as children
Survivors of Homicide
Short term Crisis Homeless
BILL OF RIGHTS FOR SURVIVORS
You have both the freedom and the responsibility to care about yourself. To do this, you will need to learn to make choices and changes. Consider thinking about yourself in these ways:
- I am not to blame for being beaten and abused.
- I am not the cause of another's violent behavior.
- I do not like or want violence inflicted on me.
- I don't have to take it.
- I'm an important person.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I do have the power over my life.
- I can decide for myself what is best for me.
- I can make changes in my life if I want to.
- I deserve to make my own life safe and health.
- I am a worthwhile person.
Safety Plan Checklist
- I have important numbers available.
- I practiced several ways to get myself and my children out of the house and away safely.
- Keep my keys and purse in a place that I can take them easily.
- I left money, house and car keys, clothing, birth certificates and social security cards with a trusted friend or neighbor if I need to leave quickly.
- I have memorized the domestic abuse hotline numbers.umber.
- I have helped my children memorize phone numbers to call in case of emergency..
- I will give myself permission to call a friend or the domestic abuse program if I need to talk or take time to regroup.